We are committed to making our website accessible, regardless of ability or technology. We work continuously to improve the usability and accessibility of our websites to adhere to current standards and guidelines.
Our goal is to provide a great user experience in every interaction. To do this, we have implemented accessibility measures to help individuals interact with our digital assets and associated offerings. These include ongoing monitoring of our website for conformance with level Double-A of the WWW Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1). We audit our online presence via internal and external tools and work to make our site adaptable to mobile devices and assistive technology.
REQUESTING ACCESSIBLE EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
The University of Notre Dame Press will assist disability service offices at institutions of higher learning with access to our books for students who have disabilities that prevent them from using books in printed form. A large number of our books are available for sale in various electronic formats through our website. If an electronic version of a book is not found on our website that a student must read for a course, we will make every effort to provide that electronic file. To make a request, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your request to (574) 631-8148.
STEPS WE HAVE TAKEN TO IMPROVE ACCESSIBILITY
- Text Size Adjustment – Added ability to easily adjust a page’s font size.
- Contrast – Added ability to adjust colors that improve the contrast ratio.
- Keyboard Compatibility – Improved keyboard functionality by use of the Tab key and other keystrokes.
- Link Purpose – Updated text content for empty and unclear links.
- Headings and Labels – Updated structure to improve hierarchical order.
- Focus Visible – Addition of focus indicators into content and themes of website.
Our commitment to user accessibility is ongoing, and we will continue to focus on providing online resources that keep all users’ experiences a top priority.
ACCESSIBILITY WORKING GROUP
An interdepartmental Press working group meets regularly to:
- Determine best overall accessibility practices.
- Define accessibility standards for University of Notre Dame Press.
- Establish integrated workflows to acquire, develop, produce, and market accessible products in-house and identify technological challenges and opportunities for integrated workflow.
- Build on existing conversion sources for products outside in-house scope.
- Update manuscript preparation guidelines to educate authors on submitting more accessible products.
- Develop goals and timeframe for phased accessibility of our products.
Due to system upgrades, ebooks will not be available for direct purchase on our site until 2024. Please visit our Purchasing Ebooks page for more information on finding these Accessible ePubs.
If you have trouble accessing our website or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us with details by sending an email to email@example.com. We’d love to help you.