The University of Notre Dame Press encourages intellectual exploration and academic excellence through the publication of academic and general interest books that engage the most enduring questions of our time. We invite the submissions of proposals that align with our areas of interest, as listed for our acquisitions editors below.
Unsolicited submissions are not invited outside of these areas or for memoirs, festschriften, conference volumes, or collections of previously published articles. The Press does not publish unrevised dissertations.
Please send a cover letter summarizing the project and the contribution it makes to its field, plus the following materials:
- 2–4pp abstract, detailing:
- proposed title and subtitle;
- the argument;
- the audience;
- any connections, networks, journals, conferences, etc. you envision as marketing resources for the book;
- word count;
- whether the manuscript is complete, or an expected timeframe for completion;
- whether the manuscript is a revised version of your dissertation, and a detailed description of the revisions you’ve made, or plan to make;
- any images or figures you plan to include in the manuscript;
- and a list of comparable books, particularly those published by UNDP.
- Annotated Table of Contents, with a paragraph describing each entry therein.
- Current CV
- If available, one or two sample chapters
- For contributed volumes, a list of contributors with their appointments and publications
We are grateful that you are choosing to share your project with the University of Notre Dame Press. Our editors value carefully reviewing each project. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, it will take time for us to respond to your proposal.
Senior Acquisitions Editor
Theology, philosophy, religious studies, Catholic studies
Associate Acquisitions Editor
American history, Latin American studies, Notre Dame and regional interest
Political theory and philosophy, Medieval studies, Irish and Irish-American studies
The University of Notre Dame Press
Andrés Montoya Poetry Prize
The Press publishes the winning manuscripts of the Andrés Montoya Poetry Prize. The Prize is bestowed by the Institute for Latino Studies at the University of Notre Dame. The submission guidelines and information about this prize can be found at the Institute’s site.